For this month, we were given a cell phone photograph, and I must say that this is a most interesting photograph indeed. Lots of possibilities. What I did not want, was to be cheesy at all.
So, I hummed and hawed, and decided to start by making a B&W conversion, with a gradient filer added to the mask.
The rest of the process is in the screen shots below!
What I ended up with, is given below
What is not shown in the process, is the process that I adopted in DXO to straighten the image a bit. I was wondering if I should keep the reddish tone in the image.
I decided to do so. It went, I felt, with the red leather of the sofas.